In anticipation of PAX East this coming weekend, I decided I needed something to protect my 3DS XL when it’s in my bag. I had seen this pattern for a laptop case before and I really liked it, so I decided to modify it to make a case for my 3DS.
I really like how it came out! It’s actually slightly larger than the 3DS XL, which is too bad because I had been hoping it would fit more snugly. However, I can probably insert something into the case to make it tighter around the 3DS.
The buttons on this case are actually from a collection of my great-grandmother’s buttons, which I posted about here :)
I really, really like this pattern, so I’m thinking of making a purse or something larger. Once you understand how the pattern works, it’s not too hard to modify!
If you want to make a 3DS XL case, here are some basic instructions I wrote up modifying the original pattern here.
- skyelogan reblogged this from dhstjean
- skyelogan likes this
- lifeaslogansmommy likes this
- mrmonochromatic likes this
- insufferable-bastards reblogged this from dhstjean
- insufferable-bastards likes this
- eat-sleep-andrepeat likes this
- oxnards likes this
- misscatxx likes this
- jazzyapollo reblogged this from dhstjean
- prettycraze00 likes this
- querleser reblogged this from knittingandcrochet
- nikkonuque likes this
- emmybunnie likes this
- bumbletigger reblogged this from knittingandcrochet
- bumbletigger likes this
- knittingandcrochet reblogged this from dhstjean
- leeshasavesrockandroll likes this
- neonlover17 likes this
- carmenism likes this
- windsday likes this
- itscarororo likes this
- sadgummybear likes this
- specialbunny said: CUTE!
- randomhelena reblogged this from dhstjean
- randomhelena likes this
- water-serpent likes this
- elephie said: Cute! I’ve always liked those buttons! It looks like a face. :3
- indiegameslive reblogged this from dhstjean
- kittensforbutts likes this
- chromocrochet likes this
- mingledyarn likes this
- dhstjean posted this